Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure system will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring a variety of wintry weather to a large portion of the country. Hardest hit areas are expected to be in the Northeast and New England where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer29.67 in (1004.7 mb)
- Dewpoint28°F (-2°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Danbury Municipal Airport (KDXR)
Lat: 41.37°N Lon: 73.48°W Elev: 456ft.
3 Miles SSW New Preston CT
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight A chance of rain, mainly after 5am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Rain, mainly after 8am. The rain could be heavy at times. High near 43. East wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Rain, freezing rain, and sleet before 1am, then snow. Low around 15. Blustery, with a light northeast wind becoming north 15 to 20 mph in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Thursday A chance of snow showers, mainly before 11am. Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 28. Wind chill values as low as -2. Blustery, with a northwest wind around 22 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 9. Northwest wind 12 to 17 mph becoming light west after midnight.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 36.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30.
- Saturday A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 49. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern Litchfield, CT
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE