Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure system will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring a variety of wintry weather to a large portion of the country. Hardest hit areas are expected to be in the Northeast and New England where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer29.70 in
- Dewpoint25°F (-4°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Oxford Automatic Weather Observing / Reporting Sys (KOXC)
Lat: 41.41°N Lon: 73.1°W Elev: 728ft.
2 Miles WSW Thomaston CT
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight A chance of rain, mainly after 5am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Rain, mainly after 8am. The rain could be heavy at times. High near 42. Calm wind becoming east 5 to 7 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Rain, snow, freezing rain, and sleet, becoming all snow after 3am. Low around 15. Light north wind increasing to 13 to 18 mph in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Thursday A chance of snow showers, mainly before 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 26. Wind chill values as low as -1. Blustery, with a northwest wind around 20 mph, with gusts as high as 36 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 8. Northwest wind 12 to 17 mph becoming light west after midnight.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 36.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Saturday A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 48. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern Litchfield, CT
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE