Complex Winter Storm Taking Shape Across Parts of Central, Eastern U.S.
A complex storm system will begin impacting parts of the central and eastern U.S. on Friday and into the weekend. Heavy snowfall is expected across parts of the Midwest into the Ohio Valley on Friday, with chances for heavy snow moving into the Northeast on Saturday. Freezing rain is also possible on Saturday in from northern New Jersey into the central Appalachians.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 13 G 21 mph
- Barometer30.09 in (1019.3 mb)
- Dewpoint12°F (-11°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill22°F (-6°C)
Current conditions at
Meriden Markham Municipal Airport (KMMK)
Lat: 41.51 Lon: -72.83 Elev: 102ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly cloudy, with a high near 29. West wind around 14 mph.
- Tonight A slight chance of snow after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 14. North wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Snow likely, mainly after 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 19. Northeast wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Saturday Night Snow before 5am, then snow, freezing rain, and sleet likely. Low around 19. Northeast wind 11 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
- Sunday A chance of snow showers and freezing rain before 7am, then a chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 32. Northeast wind 7 to 15 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 8.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 21.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 9.
- Tuesday A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 33. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern Litchfield, CT
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE