Wintry Weather on Monday for parts of the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast
Another round of wintry weather is expected on Monday morning. The greatest area of concern is in central Virgina to southeast New York where freezing rain is possible. Some locations may see up to a quarter of an inch of ice before temperatures rise late Monday morning and the storm system departs.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Snow Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedVrbl 3 mph
- Barometer30.40 in (1029.6 mb)
- Dewpoint24°F (-4°C)
- Visibility1.75 mi
Current conditions at
Meriden Markham Municipal Airport (KMMK)
Lat: 41.51 Lon: -72.83 Elev: 102ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Snow before 5am, then snow and freezing rain. Low around 27. Northeast wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Monday Rain, freezing rain, and sleet, becoming all rain after 1pm. High near 38. Northeast wind 5 to 9 mph becoming light and variable in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. New sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Monday Night A slight chance of rain before 9pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28. West wind 7 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tuesday A chance of snow showers, mainly between 11am and 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 33. West wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20. West wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 23.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 26.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 28.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern Litchfield, CT
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE