Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 3 mph
- Barometer29.43 in (996.6 mb)
- Dewpoint34°F (1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Meriden Markham Municipal Airport (KMMK)
Lat: 41.51°N Lon: 72.83°W Elev: 102ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Rain, mainly after 3pm. High near 43. East wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain and sleet before 1am, then sleet between 1am and 2am, then snow likely after 2am. Low around 18. Light and variable wind becoming northwest 11 to 16 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Thursday A chance of snow showers, mainly before 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 24. Blustery, with a northwest wind 18 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 8. Wind chill values as low as -4. Northwest wind 8 to 18 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38. West wind 5 to 13 mph.
- Friday Night A slight chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 47.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern Litchfield, CT
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE