Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
- Wind SpeedSW 10 mph
- Barometer29.92 in (1013.2 mb)
- Dewpoint54°F (12°C)
- Visibility4.00 mi
- Wind Chill52°F (11°C)
Current conditions at
Hyannis, Barnstable Municipal-Boardman Airport (KHYA)
Lat: 41.68 Lon: -70.28 Elev: 56ft.
West Hyannisport MA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Showers likely, mainly before noon. Patchy fog before 2pm. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 53. West wind 5 to 11 mph becoming north in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain. Patchy fog after 10pm. Low around 34. Light north wind increasing to 5 to 9 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Saturday Rain showers and sleet likely before 11am, then a slight chance of rain showers between 11am and noon. Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 40. North wind 10 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 25. Northwest wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 35. North wind 6 to 9 mph.
- Sunday Night Snow likely before 5am, then snow and sleet likely. Cloudy, with a low around 29. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Monday Rain, snow, and sleet, becoming all rain after 9am. High near 47. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Monday Night A chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 36. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tuesday A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32. Breezy.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 32.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Barnstable County, MA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE