Winter Weather Impacting the Eastern U.S. Tuesday
Snow is falling from Tennessee Valley into the Mid-Atlantic and New England Tuesday . The fast moving system is creating swath of 2 to 7 inches of snow from southwest Virginia to the New England coast. Heavy Lake Effect snows will also impact the Lower Great Lakes into later this week, with up to two feet of accumulation.
- Wind SpeedNW 18 G 25 mph
- Barometer30.20 in
- Dewpoint5°F (-15°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill2°F (-17°C)
Current conditions at
Ankeny Regional Airport (KIKV)
Lat: 41.69 Lon: -93.57 Elev: 902ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly sunny, with a high near 22. Wind chill values as low as 5. Breezy, with a west wind 7 to 16 mph becoming south southwest. Winds could gust as high as 23 mph.
- Tonight A chance of snow before 3am, then a slight chance of snow between 3am and 5am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 7. Wind chill values as low as -5. Blustery, with a south wind 6 to 11 mph becoming north northwest 12 to 17 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a temperature falling to around 0 by 5pm. Wind chill values as low as -10. Blustery, with a north northwest wind 12 to 17 mph becoming west 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a temperature rising to around 6 by 3am. Wind chill values as low as -15. South southwest wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 24. Southwest wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Friday Night A 20 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Saturday Cloudy, with a high near 24.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 7.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 15.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 5.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 22.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Polk County, IA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE