Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring several inches of snow from northern Illinois to Maine. The hardest hit areas are expected to be from western New York to Maine where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 20 G 26 mph
- Barometer29.95 in
- Dewpoint27°F (-3°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill25°F (-4°C)
Current conditions at
Ankeny Regional Airport (KIKV)
Lat: 41.69°N Lon: 93.57°W Elev: 902ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Windy, with a north wind around 21 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 33. Wind chill values as low as 10. Breezy, with a north northwest wind 14 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. North northwest wind 6 to 11 mph becoming light and variable after midnight.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 58. Southwest wind 7 to 11 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 35. Southwest wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 53.
- Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 32.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 46.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 39.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 46.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Tuesday A 30 percent chance of rain. Mostly sunny, with a high near 51. Breezy.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Polk County, IA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE