Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 8 mph
- Barometer30.44 in (1032.7 mb)
- Dewpoint-6°F (-21°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill-14°F (-26°C)
Current conditions at
Iowa City Municipal Airport (KIOW)
Lat: 41.63 Lon: -91.54 Elev: 650ft.
4 Miles ENE Oakdale IA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly sunny, with a high near 22. Wind chill values as low as -15. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 10. South wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Friday A 20 percent chance of snow after noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 27. Calm wind becoming east around 5 mph in the afternoon.
- Friday Night A 50 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 17. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Saturday A 30 percent chance of snow before noon. Cloudy, with a high near 26.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 4.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 17.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 9.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 25.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 27.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Johnson County, IA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE