Winter Storm to Impact Parts of the Midwest, Northern Appalachians and New England
A storm system will take shape over the central U.S. on Friday, with heavy snow in portions of the Midwest and Ohio Valley. On Saturday, the snow will shift northeast and extend from the Ohio Valley into the New England states. Also, freezing rain will be possible from northwestern Arkansas into Indiana on Friday and along the Central Appalachians into the southern New England on Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.10 in (1020.6 mb)
- Dewpoint8°F (-13°C)
- Visibility8.00 mi
Current conditions at
Iowa City Municipal Airport (KIOW)
Lat: 41.63 Lon: -91.54 Elev: 650ft.
4 Miles ENE Oakdale IA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly cloudy, with a high near 27. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Tonight A 50 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 17. Northeast wind around 10 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday A 40 percent chance of snow before noon. Cloudy, with a high near 25. North wind around 10 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 4. Wind chill values as low as -5.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 16.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Thursday A chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 33.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Johnson County, IA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE