Variety of Weather Hazards Forecast Across Central, Eastern U.S.
An active weather pattern will dominate the central and eastern U.S. Friday and into the weekend. Rain is forecast on Friday from the southern Plains across the mid-Miss. & Ohio Valleys and into southern New England, with freezing rain for parts of the central Plains and snow in the Rockies and Great Lakes. Severe thunderstorms are possible for parts of the southern Plains and lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 9 G 16 mph
- Barometer29.87 in
- Dewpoint25°F (-4°C)
- Visibility8.00 mi
- Wind Chill18°F (-8°C)
Current conditions at
Ankeny Regional Airport (KIKV)
Lat: 41.69 Lon: -93.57 Elev: 902ft.
2 Miles S Polk City IA
7 Day Forecast
- Today A slight chance of freezing drizzle before noon, then a slight chance of snow between noon and 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 26. North wind 6 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tonight Cloudy, with a low around 16. Northwest wind 3 to 5 mph.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 27. North northeast wind 3 to 8 mph.
- Saturday Night Snow. Low around 16. Wind chill values as low as zero. Windy, with a north wind 9 to 14 mph increasing to 16 to 21 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Sunday Areas of blowing snow and a chance of snow before noon, then areas of blowing snow and a slight chance of snow after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 19. Windy, with a northwest wind around 22 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -2. Blustery.
- Monday Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 6.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -6.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 22.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Christmas Day Partly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 15.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Polk County, IA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE