Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 7 mph
- Barometer30.23 in (1023.7 mb)
- Dewpoint11°F (-12°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill13°F (-11°C)
Current conditions at
Providence, Green State Airport (KPVD)
Lat: 41.73 Lon: -71.43 Elev: 66ft.
Providence, Green State Airport RI
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 27. Northwest wind 10 to 16 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 17. West wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31. West wind 11 to 16 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17. North wind 8 to 11 mph.
- Saturday A chance of snow, mainly after 11am. Cloudy, with a high near 27. North wind 7 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Saturday Night Snow. Low around 25. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday Rain, snow, and sleet likely before 3pm, then a chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 37. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 36.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Eastern Kent, RI
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE