Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 8 mph
- Barometer30.26 in (1024.8 mb)
- Dewpoint28°F (-2°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill32°F (0°C)
Current conditions at
Hartford-Brainard Airport (KHFD)
Lat: 41.73 Lon: -72.65 Elev: 20ft.
W Hartford CT
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 39. Northwest wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 21. Northwest wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Sunday Increasing clouds, with a high near 33. Light north wind.
- Sunday Night Snow likely before 4am, then snow, possibly mixed with sleet. Low around 27. Calm wind becoming northeast 5 to 8 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Monday Rain, freezing rain, and sleet, becoming all rain after noon. High near 40. East wind 5 to 9 mph becoming light and variable in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday Night A chance of rain showers before midnight, then a slight chance of rain and snow showers between midnight and 4am, then a slight chance of snow showers after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 35.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Hartford County, CT
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE