Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.53 in (1033.7 mb)
- Dewpoint18°F (-8°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Poughkeepsie, Dutchess County Airport (KPOU)
Lat: 41.64 Lon: -73.88 Elev: 155ft.
Hyde Park NY
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Snow before 5am, then snow and freezing rain. Low around 27. Calm wind becoming northeast around 5 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Monday Rain, snow, freezing rain, and sleet, becoming all rain after noon. High near 39. East wind around 5 mph becoming light and variable in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Monday Night A slight chance of rain, mixing with sleet after 8pm, then gradually ending. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. West wind 3 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tuesday A chance of snow showers, mainly between noon and 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35. West wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19. Southwest wind 6 to 9 mph.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 23.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 26.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 28.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Western Dutchess, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE