Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 14 mph
- Barometer30.27 in (1026.2 mb)
- Dewpoint12°F (-11°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill7°F (-14°C)
Current conditions at
Aurora Municipal Airport (KARR)
Lat: 41.77 Lon: -88.47 Elev: 705ft.
Aurora Municipal Airport IL
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 12. Wind chill values as low as zero. Northwest wind around 10 mph.
- Friday Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 21. Wind chill values as low as -1. North northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 3. Wind chill values as low as -12. Northwest wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 18. Wind chill values as low as -12. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 12. North wind around 5 mph becoming east northeast after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 10 mph.
- Sunday A 40 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 28.
- Sunday Night Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 20. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Monday A slight chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 23.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 1.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 20.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 5.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 19.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 7.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 24.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Kane County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE