Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 7 mph
- Barometer30.28 in (1025.3 mb)
- Dewpoint9°F (-13°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill12°F (-11°C)
Current conditions at
Providence, Green State Airport (KPVD)
Lat: 41.73 Lon: -71.43 Elev: 66ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 24. Northwest wind 11 to 15 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 14. West wind 6 to 9 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27. West wind 10 to 16 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13. North wind 8 to 11 mph.
- Saturday A chance of snow, mainly after 10am. Cloudy, with a high near 23. Northeast wind 8 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Saturday Night Snow. Low around 22. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday Snow and sleet likely before 9am, then a chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 32. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 26.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 35.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 37.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Northwest Providence, RI
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE