Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Partly Cloudy and Breezy
- Wind SpeedNW 22 G 26 mph
- Barometer30.03 in (1017.8 mb)
- Dewpoint18°F (-8°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill15°F (-9°C)
Current conditions at
Cedar Rapids, The Eastern Iowa Airport (KCID)
Lat: 41.89°N Lon: 91.7°W Elev: 840ft.
4 Miles SE Shueyville IA
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly sunny, with a high near 31. Northwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 48. South wind around 10 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 34.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 50.
- Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 27.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 40.
- Monday Night A slight chance of snow. Partly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Tuesday A slight chance of rain. Mostly sunny, with a high near 47. Breezy.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Johnson County, IA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE