Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
- Wind SpeedNW 8 mph
- Barometer30.58 in (1037.2 mb)
- Dewpoint1°F (-17°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill-6°F (-21°C)
Current conditions at
Chicago / West Chicago, Dupage Airport (KDPA)
Lat: 41.93 Lon: -88.25 Elev: 758ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 18. Wind chill values as low as -7. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Tonight Increasing clouds, with a low around 9. North northwest wind around 5 mph becoming northeast after midnight.
- Sunday Snow likely, mainly after 3pm. Cloudy, with a high near 26. Northeast wind 5 to 15 mph becoming east southeast in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Sunday Night Snow before midnight, then a slight chance of snow and freezing drizzle. Low around 20. East southeast wind 10 to 15 mph becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 22. West wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 9.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 23. Breezy.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 9.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 17.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 7.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 24.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for DuPage County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE