Heavy Lake-Effect Snow Across the Great Lakes this Week
Cold winds over the relatively warm Great Lakes will promote heavy lake-effect snow downwind of the lakes through at least Thursday. The heaviest snow will occur in Upstate New York downwind of Lakes Erie and Ontario where up to two feet of snow could fall this week.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Snow Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedW 7 mph
- Barometer30.31 in (1027.6 mb)
- Dewpoint13°F (-11°C)
- Visibility2.00 mi
- Wind Chill7°F (-14°C)
Current conditions at
Lat: 41.98 Lon: -87.9 Elev: 658ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow before 9am. Temperature falling to around 5 by 5pm. Wind chill values as low as -12. West northwest wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around -3. Wind chill values as low as -20. West wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 18. Wind chill values as low as -14. West southwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Friday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 26. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming east in the afternoon.
- Friday Night A 40 percent chance of snow, mainly after midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Saturday Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 30. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Saturday Night A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 16.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 4.
- Monday A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 21.
- Monday Night A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Tuesday A slight chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 29.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cook County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE