Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Lt Snow, Freezing Fog
- Wind SpeedWNW 3 MPH
- Barometer30.29 in
- Dewpoint18°F (-8°C)
- Visibility0.00 mi
Current conditions at
Medford, Rogue Valley International Airport (KMFR)
Lat: 42.38111 Lon: -122.87222 Elev: 1329ft.
19 Miles SSW Jacksonville OR
7 Day Forecast
- Today Rain likely after 4pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 43. Southwest wind 5 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Tonight Rain likely, mainly before 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33. South wind 3 to 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Friday A 20 percent chance of showers before 10am. Partly sunny, with a high near 47. Light and variable wind.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 30. Calm wind becoming south southeast around 6 mph in the evening.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 44. South southeast wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 50.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 48.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 38.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 55.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Wednesday A slight chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 47.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Siskiyou Mountains and Southern Oregon Cascades, OR
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE