Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 8 mph
- Barometer29.87 in (1012.1 mb)
- Dewpoint26°F (-3°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill42°F (6°C)
Current conditions at
Chicago Executive Airport (KPWK)
Lat: 42.11°N Lon: 87.9°W Elev: 646ft.
Arlington Heights IL
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight A chance of rain and snow before midnight, then snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 25. Southwest wind 5 to 15 mph becoming north northeast after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of snow before noon. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 32. North wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Saturday Night Patchy fog after 3am. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 12. North wind around 5 mph becoming west southwest after midnight.
- Sunday Patchy fog before 8am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 37. Southwest wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 30. Southwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 52.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Tuesday A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41.
- Tuesday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Wednesday A slight chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 35.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 47.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cook County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE