Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 8 mph
- Barometer29.33 in (993.3 mb)
- Dewpoint34°F (1°C)
- Visibility8.00 mi
- Wind Chill32°F (0°C)
Current conditions at
Pittsfield Municipal Airport (KPSF)
Lat: 42.43°N Lon: 73.29°W Elev: 1194ft.
2 Miles WSW Monterey MA
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Rain. High near 39. Northeast wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain, snow, freezing rain, and sleet, becoming all snow after midnight. Low around 10. Wind chill values as low as -4. Blustery, with a north wind 8 to 13 mph increasing to 15 to 20 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Thursday Snow showers likely, mainly before 8am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 16. Wind chill values as low as -10. Blustery, with a northwest wind around 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 2. Wind chill values as low as -16. Blustery, with a northwest wind 11 to 21 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33. Light west wind becoming southwest 8 to 13 mph in the morning.
- Friday Night A slight chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday A chance of snow showers before noon, then a chance of rain and snow showers between noon and 2pm, then a chance of rain showers after 2pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 44. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 27.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 31.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern Berkshire, MA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE