Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 10 mph
- Barometer30.13 in (1020.4 mb)
- Dewpoint29°F (-2°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill31°F (-1°C)
Current conditions at
Albany International Airport (KALB)
Lat: 42.76 Lon: -73.8 Elev: 292ft.
3 Miles NNE Palenville NY
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Rain and snow, possibly mixed with sleet, becoming all snow after 4am. Low around 27. North wind 7 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow and sleet accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.
- Saturday Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 36. Northwest wind 6 to 11 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17. West wind 3 to 5 mph.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 30. Light and variable wind.
- Sunday Night Snow likely before 5am, then snow and sleet likely. Cloudy, with a low around 23. Calm wind becoming southeast 5 to 7 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday Freezing rain and sleet before 11am, then rain and sleet likely between 11am and noon, then a chance of rain after noon. High near 39. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 31.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 26.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 5.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 24.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 7.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Eastern Greene, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE