Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 16 mph
- Barometer30.02 in (1017.2 mb)
- Dewpoint28°F (-2°C)
- Visibility5.00 mi
- Wind Chill25°F (-4°C)
Current conditions at
Chicago Rockford International Airport (KRFD)
Lat: 42.21°N Lon: 89.1°W Elev: 733ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Snow likely, mainly before 4am. Cloudy, with a low around 27. North wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 31. North northeast wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
- Saturday Night Patchy fog after 3am. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 9. North northwest wind around 5 mph becoming west southwest after midnight.
- Sunday Patchy fog before 8am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 37. Wind chill values as low as 1. Southwest wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. Southwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 49.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Tuesday A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41.
- Tuesday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 36.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 46.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Winnebago County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE