Wintry Weather on Monday for parts of the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast
Another round of wintry weather is expected on Monday morning. The greatest area of concern is in central Virgina to southeast New York where freezing rain is possible. Some locations may see up to a quarter of an inch of ice before temperatures rise late Monday morning and the storm system departs.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Snow Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedE 3 mph
- Barometer30.00 in (1017.0 mb)
- Dewpoint20°F (-7°C)
- Visibility6.00 mi
Current conditions at
Chicago Rockford International Airport (KRFD)
Lat: 42.21 Lon: -89.1 Elev: 733ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Snow and freezing drizzle likely before midnight, then a slight chance of freezing drizzle between midnight and 3am. Cloudy, with a low around 18. South southeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a temperature falling to around 14 by 5pm. Wind chill values as low as -1. West wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 4. Wind chill values as low as -13. West wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 23. Wind chill values as low as -14. Breezy, with a south southwest wind 10 to 20 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph.
- Tuesday Night A 30 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 12. West wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Wednesday A 30 percent chance of snow. Mostly sunny, with a high near 17.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 3.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 21.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Friday Night A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Saturday A slight chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 28.
- Saturday Night Cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 29.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Winnebago County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE