Heavy rain possible for parts of the northern Rockies & Plains; Severe storms for the Upper Midwest
An unseasonably strong storm system in the northwest U.S. will bring showers and thunderstorms, some heavy, to parts of the northern Rockies and northern Plains through Saturday. Isolated flash floods will be possible in these areas. Some of the storms could be severe in parts of the Dakotas into Minnesota, with large hail and damaging winds.
15NM ESE Boston MA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisHIGH PRES OVER QUEBEC WILL SLOWLY BUILD SOUTH OVER NEW ENGLAND
THROUGH THE WEEKEND KEEPING WINDS NORTHEASTERLY. THE HIGH WILL
CONTINUE TO BUILD OVER NEW ENGLAND MON AND TUE THEN SHIFT SOUTH ON
FOR INFORMATION ON POSSIBLE HAZARDOUS WEATHER BEYOND THE 24-36 HOUR
FORECAST PERIOD...PLEASE VISIT WWW.WEATHER.GOV/BOSTON AND FOLLOW THE
CURRENT HAZARDS LINK ABOVE THE MAP ON THE LEFT.
- Overnight NNE wind around 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday NNE wind 11 to 13 kt becoming ENE in the afternoon. A slight chance of showers between 8am and 1pm. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday Night ENE wind 6 to 9 kt becoming NNW after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday N wind 5 to 7 kt becoming E in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday Night SSE wind 5 to 7 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Monday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Monday Night S wind around 7 kt becoming SSW after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday S wind around 7 kt. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday Night SSW wind 6 to 8 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
SEAS ARE REPORTED AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST THIRD OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVE HEIGHTS MAY BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE