NWS launches Spring Safety Campaign
Though much of the nation is still under a deep freeze, more typical spring weather is on the horizon, and with it the threat of severe weather, flooding and other hazards. As part of our effort to build a Weather-Ready Nation, NWS is launching its Spring Seasonal Safety Campaign, with information to help you know your risk, take action and be a Force of Nature this spring.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
11NM ESE Boston MA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...GALE WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 AM EST TUESDAY...
- SynopsisHIGH PRES WILL BUILD OVER THE WATERS TONIGHT...SHIFTING EAST OF THE
WATERS TUE AFTERNOON. A LOW PRES SYSTEM WILL PASS ACROSS QUEBEC ON
WED WITH ITS ASSOCIATED COLD FRONT CROSSING THE WATERS WED NIGHT. A
COASTAL WAVE WILL RIDE ALONG THIS COLD FRONT WED NIGHT AND THU
BRINGING SNOW ACROSS THE WATERS. HIGH PRES WILL FOLLOW THU NIGHT AND
FRI THEN BUILD SOUTH SAT.
FOR INFORMATION ON POSSIBLE HAZARDOUS WEATHER BEYOND THE 24-36 HOUR
FORECAST PERIOD...PLEASE VISIT WWW.WEATHER.GOV/BOSTON AND FOLLOW THE
CURRENT HAZARDS LINK ABOVE THE MAP ON THE LEFT.
- Overnight NW wind 15 to 20 kt, with gusts as high as 29 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 3 ft.
- Tuesday NW wind 11 to 14 kt becoming WSW 5 to 8 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 kt. Increasing clouds. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Tuesday Night S wind 14 to 16 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. Rain, snow, and sleet before 3am, then a chance of rain after 4am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday WSW wind 9 to 14 kt. A chance of rain, mainly before 8am. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night WSW wind 10 to 12 kt becoming WNW after midnight. A chance of rain before 8pm, then a chance of rain and snow between 8pm and midnight, then snow likely after midnight. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday NW wind 10 to 15 kt. Snow likely, mainly before 9am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday Night NW wind around 14 kt, with gusts as high as 23 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday NW wind 9 to 12 kt becoming W in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday Night WSW wind 10 to 12 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE