Severe thunderstorms possible this evening and tonight
Large hail and damaging winds may occur from eastern Montana into North Dakota. Strong storms are also possible over the southern mid-Atlantic states. Hot weather continues across the southern Plains to Arizona.
15NM ESE Boston MA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE BUILDS ACROSS THE NORTHEAST FOR FRIDAY INTO SATURDAY.
AS THE HIGH MOVES OFFSHORE SOUTHWEST WINDS DEVELOP WITH SHOWERS AND
THUNDERSTORMS LIKELY FOR SUNDAY INTO MONDAY. A COLD FRONT SWINGS
ACROSS THE WATERS LATE TUESDAY.
FOR INFORMATION ON POSSIBLE HAZARDOUS WEATHER BEYOND THE 24-36 HOUR
FORECAST PERIOD...PLEASE VISIT WWW.WEATHER.GOV/BOSTON AND FOLLOW THE
CURRENT HAZARDS LINK ABOVE THE MAP ON THE LEFT.
- Overnight NW wind around 6 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday NW wind 5 to 7 kt becoming SE in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday Night S wind 8 to 11 kt becoming SW after midnight. Clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday S wind 6 to 9 kt. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday Night SSW wind 9 to 11 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 2am. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday S wind 10 to 12 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday Night SSW wind 6 to 9 kt. Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 5am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Monday SSW wind 6 to 9 kt. Showers and thunderstorms likely. Seas around 1 ft.
- Monday Night SSW wind 6 to 9 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 1 ft.
WINDS AND SEAS HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS. SEAS ARE REPORTED AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST THIRD OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVE HEIGHTS MAY BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE