Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Light Rain Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedN 5 mph
- Barometer29.96 in (1015.7 mb)
- Dewpoint47°F (8°C)
- Visibility4.00 mi
- Wind Chill48°F (9°C)
Current conditions at
Bedford, Hanscom Field (KBED)
Lat: 42.47 Lon: -71.29 Elev: 133ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Scattered showers, mainly after 4pm. Cloudy, with a temperature falling to around 41 by 5pm. Northwest wind 5 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain, snow, and sleet, becoming all snow after 4am. Patchy fog between 10pm and 11pm. Low around 29. Calm wind becoming north around 6 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Saturday A chance of snow showers, mainly before 9am. Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 36. Northwest wind 7 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Night Clear, with a low around 20. West wind around 7 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31. Northwest wind around 6 mph.
- Sunday Night Snow likely, mainly after 4am. Cloudy, with a low around 24. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Monday Rain, snow, and sleet, becoming all rain after 2pm. High near 38. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Monday Night A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 16.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 26.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Central Middlesex County, MA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE