Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 8 mph
- Barometer29.88 in (1011.9 mb)
- Dewpoint53°F (12°C)
- Visibility6.00 mi
Current conditions at
Boston, Logan International Airport (KBOS)
Lat: 42.38 Lon: -71.03 Elev: 20ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Rain likely, mainly after 5pm. Areas of fog before 9am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a temperature falling to around 43 by 5pm. Northwest wind 5 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain, snow, and sleet, becoming all snow after 4am. Low around 31. North wind 5 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Saturday A chance of snow showers, mainly before 10am. Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 38. Northwest wind 8 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Night Clear, with a low around 23. West wind around 9 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33. Northwest wind around 8 mph.
- Sunday Night Snow likely, mainly after 4am. Cloudy, with a low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Monday Rain, snow, and sleet, becoming all rain after 2pm. High near 41. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Monday Night A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 36.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 19.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southeast Middlesex, MA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE