Severe Weather, Wintry Weather and Flash Flooding all possible on Saturday
A complex and large storm system brings a variety of weather concerns to much of the country today. For parts of the Ohio, Tennessee and Mississippi River Valleys severe weather is possible. In these areas, the main threat is expected to be damaging winds with a few tornadoes possible. In parts of the Southern Plains, Midwest and New England wintry weather is expected.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 16 mph
- Barometer29.73 in (1007.1 mb)
- Dewpoint31°F (-1°C)
- Visibility5.00 mi
- Wind Chill26°F (-3°C)
Current conditions at
Detroit, Willow Run Airport (KYIP)
Lat: 42.23 Lon: -83.53 Elev: 716ft.
4 Miles N Salem MI
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Rain or freezing rain. Low around 32. Northeast wind 11 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime ice accumulation of around a 0.1 of an inch possible.
- Sunday Rain or freezing rain likely before 1pm, then a chance of rain. Cloudy, with a steady temperature around 36. East wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west southwest 11 to 16 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Little or no ice accumulation expected.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around 20. West northwest wind 6 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Monday A chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a high near 24. Northwest wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Monday Night Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 10. West wind 8 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 18.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 6.
- Christmas Day A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 26.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Thursday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 28.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 19.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 5.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 25.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Oakland County, MI
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE