Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer29.91 in (1014.3 mb)
- Dewpoint45°F (7°C)
- Visibility1.75 mi
Current conditions at
Bedford, Hanscom Field (KBED)
Lat: 42.47 Lon: -71.29 Elev: 133ft.
Bedford, Hanscom Field MA
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Areas of drizzle before 2am, then showers, mainly after 2am. Areas of fog. Steady temperature around 48. Southwest wind 3 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Friday Rain. Patchy fog between 9am and 10am. Temperature falling to around 41 by 5pm. Northwest wind 6 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Friday Night Rain and sleet before 5am, then rain likely, possibly mixed with snow and sleet. Patchy fog before 4am. Low around 29. North wind 3 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday A chance of snow and sleet before 7am, then a slight chance of snow between 7am and 8am. Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 37. Northwest wind 7 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Clear, with a low around 19. West wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow after 3am. Cloudy, with a low around 26. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Monday Rain, snow, and sleet likely. Cloudy, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Monday Night A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 36.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Central Middlesex County, MA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE