Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 13 mph
- Barometer30.59 in (1038.1 mb)
- Dewpoint-1°F (-18°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill-13°F (-25°C)
Current conditions at
Waterloo Municipal Airport (KALO)
Lat: 42.55 Lon: -92.4 Elev: 865ft.
2 Miles SSW Waterloo Municipal Airport IA
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around -7. Wind chill values as low as -20. Northwest wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 13. Wind chill values as low as -25. Northwest wind 3 to 8 mph.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of snow after 3am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 10. Wind chill values as low as zero. Light and variable wind becoming east southeast 5 to 8 mph after midnight.
- Sunday Snow. High near 20. Wind chill values as low as zero. East southeast wind 8 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Sunday Night Snow, mainly before midnight. Low around 7. Light and variable wind becoming west northwest 6 to 11 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 11. Blustery.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 0.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 18. Windy.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 1. Blustery.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 12.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 2.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 25.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Friday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 31.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Black Hawk County, IA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE