Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
- Wind SpeedNW 8 mph
- Barometer29.92 in (1013.3 mb)
- Dewpoint41°F (5°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill44°F (7°C)
Current conditions at
Albany International Airport (KALB)
Lat: 42.76 Lon: -73.8 Elev: 292ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Showers. Low around 42. Northwest wind 9 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Friday Rain likely before 5pm, then snow, possibly mixed with rain. Temperature rising to near 43 by 11am, then falling to around 35 during the remainder of the day. Northwest wind 8 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Friday Night Rain, snow, freezing rain, and sleet before 3am, then a chance of snow. Low around 27. Northwest wind 6 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow and sleet accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 36. Northwest wind 9 to 16 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 18. Northwest wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Sunday Night Snow, mainly after 1am. Low around 24. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Rain, snow, and sleet. High near 39. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Night Snow showers and sleet. Low around 24. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 26.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 5.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 23.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Eastern Albany, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE