Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.58 in (1035.7 mb)
- Dewpoint13°F (-11°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Lawrence Municipal Airport (KLWM)
Lat: 42.73 Lon: -71.12 Elev: 151ft.
2 Miles NNE Merrimac MA
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Snow, mainly after 1am. Low around 27. Calm wind becoming northeast around 6 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Monday Rain, snow, and sleet, becoming all rain after 3pm. High near 36. East wind 7 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Monday Night A chance of showers, mainly before 7pm. Patchy fog before 10pm. Otherwise, cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 30. Light west wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tuesday Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 36. West wind around 11 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23. West wind 10 to 14 mph.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33. Breezy.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 25.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 25.
- Saturday Night A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 28. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Western Essex, MA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE