Pacific Front Will Bring Snow to Intermountain West, Northern Plains
A weather system moving into the Pacific Northwest will bring rain to coastal regions, along with snow to the Intermountain West and northern Plains into Thursday. Snowfall amounts will generally be light, though as much as 5-8 inches is possible in the higher elevations of the mountains. The system will also bring much colder air to the northern Plains and Upper Midwest beginning on Thurs.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 8 mph
- Barometer29.81 in (1010.4 mb)
- Dewpoint22°F (-6°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill24°F (-4°C)
Current conditions at
Grand Rapids, Gerald R. Ford International Airport (KGRR)
Lat: 42.89 Lon: -85.52 Elev: 793ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly cloudy, with a steady temperature around 36. Southwest wind around 14 mph.
- Thursday A chance of freezing drizzle between 7am and 1pm, then a slight chance of rain and snow after 1pm. Cloudy, with a steady temperature around 34. Southwest wind 6 to 11 mph becoming light south southwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Thursday Night Snow. Steady temperature around 34. Light and variable wind becoming north northeast 5 to 9 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Friday A 40 percent chance of snow, mainly before 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 34. North northeast wind 10 to 14 mph.
- Friday Night Cloudy, with a low around 26. East wind 5 to 9 mph becoming light after midnight.
- Saturday A chance of rain or freezing rain. Cloudy, with a high near 34. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Saturday Night Rain, possibly mixed with freezing rain. Low around 29. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 32.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Monday A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 23.
- Monday Night A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Tuesday A slight chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 24.
- Tuesday Night A slight chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Christmas Day A slight chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 33.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Kent County, MI
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE