Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNNW 1 G 3 MPH
- Dewpoint12°F (-11°C)
Current conditions at
Lat: 43.218556 Lon: -122.412583 Elev: 3360ft.
Crater Lake OR
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly cloudy, with a temperature rising to around 14 by 3am. Wind chill values as low as -3. West southwest wind around 11 mph.
- Friday Snow. High near 16. Wind chill values as low as -8. South southwest wind 11 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches possible.
- Friday Night Snow, mainly before 4am. Temperature falling to near 4 by 11pm, then rising to around 14 during the remainder of the night. Wind chill values as low as -9. West southwest wind 9 to 14 mph becoming north after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of snow showers before 10am. Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 10. Wind chill values as low as -12. Northeast wind 8 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 5. Northeast wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 21.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 18.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 30.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Tuesday A slight chance of snow. Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Tuesday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Wednesday A chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 37.
- Wednesday Night Snow showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Thursday Snow showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34. Breezy.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for South Central Oregon Cascades, OR
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE