Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 7 mph
- Barometer29.79 in
- Dewpoint34°F (1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill36°F (2°C)
Current conditions at
Prairie Du Chien Municipal Airport (KPDC)
Lat: 43.02°N Lon: 91.12°W Elev: 659ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Rain. High near 42. North wind 10 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain and snow before 2am, then a slight chance of snow after 3am. Low around 22. Blustery, with a north wind 10 to 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Wednesday A 20 percent chance of snow showers before 1pm. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a temperature falling to around 20 by 5pm. Blustery, with a north wind 14 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Wednesday Night A 30 percent chance of snow after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13. Northwest wind 5 to 9 mph becoming calm.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 40. Southwest wind 9 to 11 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 31. Southwest wind around 10 mph.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 44. West wind 8 to 15 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 27. West wind 5 to 11 mph.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38. Northwest wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20. North wind around 7 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31. North wind around 6 mph.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19. North wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38. South wind 5 to 9 mph.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Clayton County, IA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE