Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 5 mph
- Barometer30.25 in (1027.4 mb)
- Dewpoint8°F (-13°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill7°F (-14°C)
Current conditions at
Mitchell Municipal Airport (KMHE)
Lat: 43.77 Lon: -98.04 Elev: 1302ft.
4 Miles NNW Ravinia SD
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly sunny, with a high near 32. West wind around 5 mph becoming south southwest in the afternoon.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 10. Light and variable wind becoming northeast 5 to 10 mph after midnight.
- Friday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 19. Northeast wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Friday Night Cloudy, with a low around 6. North northeast wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 18. West northwest wind around 5 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 6.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 27.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 37.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Charles Mix County, SD
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE