Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure system will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring a variety of wintry weather to a large portion of the country. Hardest hit areas are expected to be in the Northeast and New England where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 7 mph
- Barometer29.60 in (1002.4 mb)
- Dewpoint27°F (-3°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill41°F (5°C)
Current conditions at
Portland International Jetport (KPWM)
Lat: 43.65°N Lon: 70.3°W Elev: 79ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 29. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm after midnight.
- Wednesday A chance of snow before noon, then rain and snow. High near 36. Light east wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Wednesday Night Rain, snow and sleet, possibly mixed with freezing rain before 11pm, then freezing rain, possibly mixed with sleet between 11pm and midnight, then snow and sleet after midnight. Low around 18. Blustery, with a north wind 20 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of 0.1 to 0.3 of an inch possible. New snow and sleet accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
- Thursday Snow likely with areas of blowing snow before 1pm, then areas of blowing snow and a chance of snow after 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 22. Blustery, with a northwest wind around 20 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 6. Blustery, with a west wind 10 to 20 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Saturday A 30 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 44.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 36.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Monday A 30 percent chance of snow. Mostly sunny, with a high near 27.
- Monday Night A 30 percent chance of snow. Partly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Tuesday A 30 percent chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 31.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Coastal Cumberland, ME
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE