Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Rain Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer29.93 in (1013.7 mb)
- Dewpoint41°F (5°C)
- Visibility1.50 mi
Current conditions at
Portland International Jetport (KPWM)
Lat: 43.65 Lon: -70.3 Elev: 79ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today A 50 percent chance of rain, mainly after 3pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 46. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain and snow, becoming all snow after 2am. Low around 29. North wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Saturday Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 39. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 18. West wind around 10 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 34. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Sunday Night A 30 percent chance of snow after 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Monday Snow before 1pm, then rain and snow. High near 37. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Night A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 36.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 25.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Coastal Cumberland, ME
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE