Major Winter Storm Moves into Upper Midwest and Central Rockies
The major winter storm that has been affecting the northern Rockies & Plains has moved into the Upper Midwest & central Rockies where a foot or more of snow is forecast for some locations Wed. into Thur. Freezing rain is also possible for parts of the Great Lakes. Meanwhile bitterly cold air will persist across the western U.S. with highs on Wed. only reaching the single digits in some locations.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 7 mph
- Barometer29.42 in
- Dewpoint40°F (4°C)
- Visibility0.75 mi
- Wind Chill35°F (2°C)
Current conditions at
Viroqua Municipal Airport (KY51)
Lat: 43.58 Lon: -90.9 Elev: 1292ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Late Afternoon Rain likely. Widespread fog. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 40. South wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tonight A chance of drizzle before 10pm, then areas of snow and freezing drizzle between 10pm and 1am. Widespread fog before 7pm. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 18. Breezy, with a west wind 9 to 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Thursday Scattered flurries before noon. Partly sunny, with a temperature falling to around 17 by 5pm. West wind 13 to 15 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 2. Wind chill values as low as -11. West wind 9 to 13 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 12. Northwest wind 8 to 13 mph.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -4. West wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 11. West wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 2. Northwest wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Sunday A 40 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 18. East wind 3 to 6 mph. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Sunday Night Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 10. Light and variable wind becoming northwest 5 to 8 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Monday A 30 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 14. West wind 9 to 14 mph.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -7. West wind 11 to 14 mph.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 8. West wind 11 to 13 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -7. West wind 8 to 11 mph.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 8. West wind 6 to 8 mph.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Vernon County, WI
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE