Winter Storm Continues Across Central U.S.
The powerful winter storm that has been affecting much of the central and western U.S. continues to intensify as it moves into Canada. Snow is tapering off across the Upper Midwest, but heavy snow is possible on Thur. from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley. Freezing rain is possible from TX to the Ohio Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 2 G 4 MPH
- Dewpoint1°F (-17°C)
Current conditions at
LaPine (US 97 MP 167) (ODT62)
Lat: 43.67410 Lon: -121.50110 Elev: 4600ft.
3 Miles SSW Newberry Crater OR
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly sunny, with a high near 13. Wind chill values as low as zero. Northwest wind around 6 mph.
- Tonight Snow likely, mainly after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 7. Wind chill values as low as -7. West wind 6 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Friday Snow. High near 12. Wind chill values as low as -8. South wind around 9 mph becoming west in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Friday Night A 50 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around -5. Wind chill values as low as -22. North wind 11 to 14 mph. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Saturday Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 7. North wind around 14 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 0.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 19.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 8.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 26.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Tuesday A slight chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Tuesday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Wednesday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 30.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for East Slopes of the Oregon Cascades, OR
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE