Another Round of Winter Weather to Impact the Eastern U.S.
Snow will spread from the Tennessee Valley into the Mid-Atlantic and New England through Tuesday bringing another shot of winter weather on the heels of the recent winter storm. A swath of 2 to 6 inches of snow is expected from southwest Virginia to the New England coast. This could impact the morning commute in many areas.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 12 mph
- Barometer30.04 in (1020.9 mb)
- Dewpoint-2°F (-19°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill-14°F (-26°C)
Current conditions at
Sioux Falls, Foss Field (KFSD)
Lat: 43.59 Lon: -96.74 Elev: 1434ft.
6 Miles W Garretson SD
7 Day Forecast
- Today A chance of snow after 3pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 16. West wind 10 to 15 mph decreasing to 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Tonight Snow, mainly before 11pm. Low around -9. Wind chill values as low as -23. West wind 5 to 15 mph becoming north in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 2. Wind chill values as low as -26. Northwest wind around 10 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a temperature rising to around 5 by 1am. South wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 24. Light west southwest wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the morning.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 20.
- Friday Night A slight chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 7. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 10.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -5.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 6.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -2.
- Monday A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 20. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Minnehaha County, SD
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE