Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
- Wind SpeedNA
- Dewpoint41°F (5°C)
Current conditions at
Lava Butte (US 97 MP 151) (ODT02)
Lat: 43.9087°N Lon: 121.3563°W Elev: 4450ft.
5 Miles WNW Newberry Crater OR
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Rain before 11pm, then snow showers. Low around 29. West wind around 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Monday Snow showers likely, mainly before 11am. Partly sunny, with a high near 31. West wind 13 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Monday Night A 20 percent chance of snow showers before 11pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 18. North wind 13 to 18 mph decreasing to 6 to 11 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 37. East wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 26. Southeast wind 13 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 46.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 30.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Friday A slight chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 43.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 50.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 52.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for East Slopes of the Oregon Cascades, OR
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE