Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNA
- Dewpoint16°F (-9°C)
Current conditions at
Lava Butte (US 97 MP 151) (ODT02)
Lat: 43.90870 Lon: -121.35630 Elev: 4450ft.
5 Miles WNW Newberry Crater OR
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly cloudy, with a temperature falling to around 30 by 5pm. Southwest wind 15 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
- Tonight A 40 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. West wind around 17 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph.
- Friday A 40 percent chance of snow, mainly before 10am. Partly sunny, with a high near 33. West wind 9 to 11 mph.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27. Southwest wind around 8 mph.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40. Southwest wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 40.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 41.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 41.
- Tuesday Night A slight chance of rain showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Wednesday A chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 35.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for East Slopes of the Oregon Cascades, OR
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE