Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 1 MPH
- Barometer30.22 in
- Dewpoint-17°F (-27°C)
Current conditions at
CW8386 Thermopolis (C8386)
Lat: 43.64200 Lon: -108.22633 Elev: 4426ft.
4 Miles N Hamilton Dome WY
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight A chance of snow, mainly before 3am, then a chance for flurries. Patchy fog after 4am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around -12. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Occasional flurries before 9am, then a slight chance of snow. Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, partly sunny and cold, with a high near 3. Wind chill values as low as -10. Calm wind becoming north northeast around 6 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -7. Wind chill values as low as -15. North wind 3 to 6 mph.
- Sunday A 20 percent chance of snow after 11am. Partly sunny and cold, with a high near 9. Wind chill values as low as -15. Light and variable wind.
- Sunday Night A 20 percent chance of snow before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -7. Northeast wind 5 to 7 mph becoming north northwest after midnight.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 16. South wind around 6 mph.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 4. Light south southwest wind.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 24.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 6.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 32.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southwest Big Horn Basin, WY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE