Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNA
- Barometer29.84 in
- Dewpoint28°F (-2°C)
Current conditions at
CW8386 Thermopolis (C8386)
Lat: 43.642°N Lon: 108.22633°W Elev: 4426ft.
4 Miles N Hamilton Dome WY
7 Day Forecast
- Today Isolated showers after 3pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 56. South southwest wind 5 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tonight Rain likely before midnight, then snow. Low around 28. Blustery, with a northwest wind 7 to 17 mph increasing to 18 to 28 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 41 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Tuesday Snow likely with areas of blowing snow before noon, then a slight chance of snow after noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35. Breezy, with a north northwest wind 23 to 28 mph decreasing to 16 to 21 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 41 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22. North northwest wind 5 to 8 mph becoming west southwest after midnight.
- Wednesday Patchy fog before noon. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 46. West southwest wind 5 to 7 mph becoming southeast in the afternoon.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 26. East southeast wind 5 to 7 mph becoming west southwest after midnight.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 50. Southwest wind 5 to 7 mph becoming light and variable in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 26.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 49.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Saturday A slight chance of rain and snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 42.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 51.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southwest Big Horn Basin, WY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE