Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 3 G 4 MPH
- Dewpoint-5°F (-21°C)
Current conditions at
Wanoga Butte (HWY 372 MP 17) (ODT31)
Lat: 43.98314 Lon: -121.58034 Elev: 6001ft.
6 Miles WNW Mount Bachelor OR
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 1. Wind chill values as low as -7. Southeast wind around 6 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 24. Wind chill values as low as -9. South wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the morning.
- Thursday Night Scattered snow showers after 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 12. Light and variable wind. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Friday Snow. High near 16. Wind chill values as low as -6. East wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Friday Night Snow likely, mainly before 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -4. Northeast wind 8 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 11.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 0.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 25.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Monday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Tuesday A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 32.
- Tuesday Night A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Wednesday Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 35.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for East Slopes of the Oregon Cascades, OR
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE