Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 7 G 9 MPH
- Dewpoint5°F (-15°C)
- Wind Chill-3°F (-19°C)
Current conditions at
Wanoga Butte (HWY 372 MP 17) (ODT31)
Lat: 43.98314 Lon: -121.58034 Elev: 6001ft.
8 Miles NW Mount Bachelor OR
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow. Temperature falling to around 11 by 5pm. Wind chill values as low as -5. East wind 7 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.
- Tonight Snow likely, mainly before 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 4. Wind chill values as low as -10. Northeast wind 9 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of snow before 10am. Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 8. Wind chill values as low as -12. Northeast wind around 10 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 2. Wind chill values as low as -11. Northeast wind 5 to 8 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 15. Northwest wind 3 to 5 mph.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 6.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 26.
- Monday Night A slight chance of snow. Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Tuesday A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 27.
- Tuesday Night A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Wednesday Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 32.
- Wednesday Night Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Thursday Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 33. Breezy.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for East Slopes of the Oregon Cascades, OR
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE