Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
- Wind Speedcalm
- Barometer30.37 in (1036.8 mb)
- Dewpoint-2°F (-19°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Challis, Challis Airport (KLLJ)
Lat: 44.52278 Lon: -114.21500 Elev: 5072ft.
24 Miles NW Mackay ID
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 31. Wind chill values as low as -6. South southwest wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the afternoon.
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 10. Southwest wind around 6 mph.
- Friday A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 29. Calm wind becoming northwest 5 to 7 mph.
- Friday Night A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 10. West northwest wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm in the evening. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 31. Calm wind becoming west southwest around 5 mph in the afternoon.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 31.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Lost River/Pashimeroi, ID
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE