Severe weather will continue overnight across much of the eastern U.S. and be possible again on Monday from the Gulf Coast to the coastal Carolinas.
The severe weather threat will continue into the overnight hours for a large portion of the eastern U.S. from the Ohio Valley to the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast. On Monday, the severe weather threat area will cover a narrow swath along a sharply defined cold front from the Gulf Coast through the Southeast and up to the coastal Carolinas during the afternoon and evening.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
10NM WNW Plessis NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 1:38 am EDT Jul 28, 2014
Forecast Valid: 3am EDT Jul 28, 2014-6pm EDT Aug 3, 2014
- Overnight NNE wind around 6 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then periods of showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 5am. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday N wind 9 to 11 kt. Periods of showers, mainly before 2pm. The rain could be heavy at times. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night NW wind around 6 kt. A slight chance of showers before 8pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday NW wind 5 to 8 kt becoming W in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night SW wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. A chance of showers, mainly after 11pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SSW 5 to 8 kt in the morning. A chance of showers. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night SW wind around 6 kt. A chance of showers. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday SW wind 6 to 10 kt. A chance of showers. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night SW wind around 6 kt. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
WINDS AND WAVES HIGHER IN AND NEAR THUNDERSTORMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE