Severe weather possible for parts of Plains on Wednesday
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Wednesday afternoon and evening across portions of the central Plains and mid-Missouri Valley, with a higher concentration of severe storms possible in parts of eastern Kansas and far southeast Nebraska. Large hail and damaging winds could occur with the stronger thunderstorms. A tornado or two will be possible as well.
10NM WNW Plessis NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 7:38 pm EDT Sep 30, 2014
Forecast Valid: 9pm EDT Sep 30, 2014-6pm EDT Oct 7, 2014
- Tonight NE wind around 7 kt. A slight chance of showers before 11pm, then a slight chance of showers after 2am. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday NE wind 6 to 8 kt. Scattered sprinkles before 11am. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SSE 5 to 7 kt in the evening. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday SSE wind 8 to 11 kt increasing to 13 to 16 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 22 kt. A slight chance of showers after 4pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night SSE wind around 13 kt. Showers likely, mainly after 3am. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday SSW wind 8 to 10 kt becoming W in the afternoon. Showers likely. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night WSW wind around 8 kt. A chance of showers. Waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE