Major nor'easter expected to bring heavy snow, blizzard conditions to Northeast
A storm system off the East Coast will continue to strengthen as it develops into a major nor'easter on Monday. As the storm moves up the coast, it is expected to bring snowfall of 1-3 feet or more to many parts of the Northeast through Tuesday evening, including New York City and Boston. Strong, gusty winds will combine with the snow to create blizzard conditions along and near the coast.
7NM WNW Plessis NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:39 pm EST Jan 26, 2015
Forecast Valid: 6pm EST Jan 26, 2015-6pm EST Feb 2, 2015
- Tonight NNE wind around 11 kt. A chance of snow, mainly before midnight. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday NNE wind 12 to 15 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night N wind 7 to 12 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SW around 6 kt in the evening. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming S around 6 kt in the morning. Snow likely, mainly after noon. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night SSE wind 6 to 10 kt becoming W after midnight. Snow. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday NW wind 12 to 17 kt. Snow showers likely. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night NW wind 9 to 13 kt. A chance of snow showers. Waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE