Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 8 G 13 MPH
- Dewpoint5°F (-15°C)
- Wind Chill-2°F (-19°C)
Current conditions at
Tombstone Summit (US 20 MP 64) (ODT50)
Lat: 44.39565 Lon: -122.14198 Elev: 4240ft.
18 Miles ESE Green Peter Res OR
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow. High near 25. Breezy, with an east northeast wind around 23 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
- Tonight Snow showers likely, mainly before 10pm. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 10. Wind chill values as low as -9. Breezy, with an east wind 20 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 20. Wind chill values as low as -7. East wind 17 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 3. Wind chill values as low as -8. East wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29. East southeast wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the morning.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 8.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Monday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Tuesday A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 35.
- Tuesday Night A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 30.
- Wednesday Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 37.
- Wednesday Night Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Thursday Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 42.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Northern Oregon Cascades, OR
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE