Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind Speedcalm
- Barometer29.97 in
- Dewpoint6°F (-14°C)
Current conditions at
CW1893 Prineville Airpt. (C1893)
Lat: 44.28033 Lon: -120.90133 Elev: 3251ft.
18 Miles SW Mitchell OR
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow likely, mainly after 10am. Cloudy, with a high near 16. Wind chill values as low as -3. Light northeast wind becoming north 9 to 14 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
- Tonight Snow likely, mainly before 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -2. Wind chill values as low as -13. North wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Saturday A 30 percent chance of snow showers, mainly before 10am. Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 7. Wind chill values as low as -16. North wind around 8 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -10. Wind chill values as low as -22. North wind around 6 mph becoming south in the evening.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 16. South wind 5 to 8 mph becoming northwest in the morning.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -3.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 26.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Tuesday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Wednesday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35.
- Wednesday Night Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Thursday Snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Ochoco-John Day Highlands, OR
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE