Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedE 10 MPH
- Barometer30.31 in
- Dewpoint17°F (-8°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill19°F (-7°C)
Current conditions at
Grant County Regional Airport (KGCD)
Lat: 44.40417 Lon: -118.96250 Elev: 3697ft.
Grant County Reg Arpt/Ogilvie Field OR
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 15. Southeast wind around 9 mph.
- Thursday A 30 percent chance of snow after 4pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 34. South wind around 8 mph.
- Thursday Night Snow likely, mainly between 10pm and 4am. Cloudy, with a low around 24. South wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Friday A chance of snow before 10am, then a chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. West wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23. South wind around 6 mph.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 40.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Ochoco-John Day Highlands, OR
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE