Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 13 G 23 MPH
- Dewpoint31°F (-1°C)
- Wind Chill24°F (-4°C)
Current conditions at
OLD FAITHFUL RANGER STATION (OFAW4)
Lat: 44.4567°N Lon: 110.8494°W Elev: 7320ft.
5 Miles WNW West Thumb WY
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Snow. Steady temperature around 31. Breezy, with a southwest wind around 28 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.
- Tonight Snow with areas of blowing snow. Low around 17. Breezy, with a southwest wind 16 to 26 mph becoming northeast after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 37 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.
- Tuesday Snow likely, mainly between 9am and noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 28. North northeast wind 8 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 5. North northwest wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm after midnight.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 33. South wind 5 to 9 mph.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 12. South wind around 8 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 34. South southwest wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 35.
- Friday Night A 40 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Saturday A chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 36.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Yellowstone National Park, WY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE