Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, Arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes Wed. into Thurs. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-30 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains on Wednesday. Wind Chill Advisories or Warnings are in effect across the northern Plains and Upper Midwest.
- Wind SpeedENE 8 MPH
- Barometer30.30 in
- Dewpoint32°F (0°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill41°F (5°C)
Current conditions at
Newport, Newport Municipal Airport (KONP)
Lat: 44.58028 Lon: -124.05806 Elev: 161ft.
4 Miles SSW Gleneden Beach OR
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly sunny, with a high near 45. Light east wind.
- Tonight A 30 percent chance of rain after 4am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 38. Light and variable wind becoming south 5 to 10 mph in the evening.
- Thursday Rain, mainly after 10am. High near 47. Breezy, with a south wind 16 to 21 mph increasing to 24 to 29 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Thursday Night Rain. Low around 44. Breezy, with a southwest wind 23 to 28 mph decreasing to 15 to 20 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 33 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Friday A 50 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 48. Southwest wind 3 to 5 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 42.
- Saturday A 30 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 47.
- Saturday Night Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 44.
- Sunday A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 48.
- Sunday Night A slight chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 41.
- Monday A slight chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 48.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 48.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Central Oregon Coast, OR
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE